Saturday, January 27, 2007

Saturday Sweethearts: King For A Day

Another Romancing Your Husband idea. I did this over four years ago and loved it! (FYI - all ideas shared are created by myself and not taken from the book, when taken from the book I will let you know . While I am using the template for sharing, I am not infringing upon copyright. Thank you.). :)

WHAT I DID
I made my husband King for a Day. I printed out coupons and gave them to him. The coupons were fill in the blanks for things like:
what I would wear during the day
what I would wear at night/to bed
what we would eat (out to eat or cooking - had to have this one 3 day
before)
what we would do in the morning
what we would do in the afternoon
what we would do for the evening
how I would wear my hair
blank (for anything he wanted to do that I did not think of)
massage (could be redeemed anytime of the day)

MY REASON
I just wanted to love on my husband and let him know how much I truly do appreciate him and want to reverence him.

HOW I FELT
Really happy.

THE OBSTACLES I OVERCAME
I cannot remember any real obstacles. This happened over four years ago.

MY HUSBAND'S RESPONSE
He LOVED it! He really enjoyed being King For A Day. And it really helped me to be totally submissive to him in EVERYTHING. And it gave me insight into my husband's wants. I learned that he really likes for me to wear skirts and shirts (rather than dresses) and that he likes
my hair braided (which I never did except on occasion, now I do it much more frequently). He had big grins all day long!

WHAT I WISH I HAD DONE
I think to make this a little more fun and playful, I would have had a secret word that whenever my husband said that word, I would have to smother him with kisses. He would get to choose the word so that way he could use it whenever he wanted. I would also let the kids get in on the adoration of Daddy. Maybe with the secret word for them, they have to give Daddy lots of hugs, and just be mindful throughout the day to be extra loving to Daddy.

BUDGET SUGGESTIONS
I used business cards and printed out the coupons on my computer, but you could make them by hand (saving on cost of paper and ink). The only other cost was being humble and letting my husband be in control (something which I do regularly now without thinking, but back then I didn't even know what submissive meant - although I thought I did).

-----
Remember, THESE ARE IDEAS FOR YOU (not your husband). YOU are to romance your husband! I was inspired to do these Saturday Sweethearts based on a book called Romancing Your Husband by Debra White Smith. PLEASE get a hold of this book and read it. It is a really good book and will really change your life. :)

No comments: