Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Old Time Window Quilts - How to UPDATED

I was reading on biblicalwomanhood the need to lower the gas bill. It reminded me of this little gem I had hiding in my drafts to post for such a time as this! :)

I just LOVE old time things. One of the catalogs that I just love to look through (and admittedly drool over) is the Lehman's catalog. They have a monthly newsletter that has some great articles. This month had one I thought I would share with you.

Old Time Window Quilts: Instant Insulation Under $20.
(UPDATED, PLEASE NOTE: OLD LINK NOT WORKING, new link does not have the GREAT picture tutorial that used to be there. Sorry guys!)

This is so quick and easy to do, and it even has pictures for people like me, who learn better by seeing than reading. :)

Ahhhhh, the good old days! :)

Just had to add a quick note for an idea I had! If you don't want to make QUILTS, why not make it a temporary thing so you have light curtains in summer but heavy curtains in winter?

Add buttons to the top, sides, and bottom of your curtain (they should be pretty big buttons). Then make a quilt backing (backing attached to batting). Sew button holes at the same intervals of that which you sewed to the curtain. Then you can attach the extra warmth for the winter months and remove it for the summer months! :)

No comments: