Monday, January 15, 2007

The Men In My Life

These are my two guys! My husband and our son. They bring such COLOR into my life so I felt I needed to do a colorful, yet still manly, layout to show that. I was immediately drawn to the Andy Warhol Marlyn Monroe Painting and thought it would be a perfect way to do this layout.

In the scrapbooking world (not just digital) the new thing is FREESTYLE. I must admit that I have fallen in love with Freestyle because you have such FREEDOM to create art, not just memories. It allows me to get to use my creative side (which is very small I assure you). :D But at least I LOOK like I am artsy with these layouts! :)


As I have probably shared before, scrapbooking is so important to me for so many reasons, but most importantly my children. I want to remember all their funny sayings and funny/cute things they did. I want them to know that Momma noticed when they did something and took the time to write it down and put pictures with it so as not to forget. I want them to know the places they have been and things they have seen and done. I don't want to grow old and have forgotten so much of the little things and my children keep asking me "who is in this picture" or "where were we when this was taken" or "I don't remember you telling me about such and such place, please tell me" and I can't remember.

My mom has tons of photos from her growing up and can't remember half the people in them or even what they were doing in the picture. I don't want that for my children. I want them to be able to show THEIR children all the things they did while growing up. And read to them the stories and show them the pictures of all the places we went and the everyday living that went on.

I do so hope I have encouraged you to start scrapbooking. If you cannot afford to paper scrap (I know that my paper ones looked AWFUL compared to my digital ones) and yet you don't have the money to buy a program to digital scrap, may I suggest combining the two? Sign up at any digital scrapbooking site (I really like Digital Scrapbook Place, you can read more about them by clicking on the right hand side - if you join my username is lvg4him) and get all the freebies! Then print them out on your printer (it will crop automatically to be able to print). You can also type up what you want to say if you don't like your handwriting. Print it out and cut it out and stick it to your page.

No comments: