Friday, January 5, 2007

Mary Jane Crazy

I just finished reading MaryJane's Ideabook, Cookbook, Lifebook: for the farmgirl in all of us. I have never read a book when where I got to the end I was disappointed and wished that there was more and that it would go on and on and on. Thankfully, she is coming out with workbooks that expound on each section of her book. Her first workbook on The Stitching Room is due out soon.

This book is great for anyone who wants to live a more simple, old-fashioned life. One where you grow your own organic fruits and veggies, have a few animals (maybe some chicks and goats), have some land and love the outdoors. I was able to rent a copy from my library (and already have the Stitching workbook on hold - but I am 7th in line to get it). But this is a book I want to have on my bookshelf!

I have fallen for anything MaryJane's Farm! And this idea of the BakeOver has to be the best idea yet! Fast and simple and YUMMY! Perfect for quick meals when you are having guests over, or as a way to use up left overs. And I must admit that it is a wonderful meal to make while you are recovering from pregnancy. I don't have to stand very long at all. It is quick and simple.

And for those who grow tons of zucchini and squash here is a WONDERFUL recipe I just made that has become a favorite cool meal (you know, a meal to eat on those days when it is super hot outside).

Chop 2 squash and 2 zucchini and one small onion.
Saute onion and add squash and zucchini.
Add corn off the cob (as much or as little as you want, I had some leftover from last night that needed to be used up).
Add seasonings (we really like basil).
Cook a little bit longer.
Serve into bowls.
Pour refrigerated marinara sauce on top (as much or as little as you like) of individual servings. This cools down the meal.

YUM!

I would LOVE to have more cool meal recipes in my recipe file. Does anyone know of a book (hmmm... maybe one of you home business starts can write a book) or web site, or maybe you can share some of your own cool meals.

No comments: