Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Early Risers

Oh what I have done!

For a few months now I have been feeling a conviction about trying to get my children to sleep in later. You see, my children are EARLY risers. 6 AM they are up and at 'em. I am NOT a morning person. So I would tell my children to stay in bed and play quietly until Momma woke up.

All SORTS of convictions started. From Proverbs not leaving a child to himself to needing to wake up early and having quiet time with the Lord as a good example to my children. I mean, I want my daughters to rise early in the morning, yet I am training them as children to sleep in.

Now my children are waking up at 7 - 7:30. While at first it felt good to sleep a little bit later, I kept feeling a conviction that they should be waking up early like they used to.

The other day I read an article on the importance of children raising early. It was very convicting and made some good points. I am going to try to get to bed early (instead of staying up so I can do all the things that *I* want to do), so I can be a good example to my children and train them to rise early.

No comments: