Friday, May 18, 2007

Not Your Typical Crocheted Towel (and MARY JANE!!!)

First, about Mary Jane! I finally got a hold of her new stitching book from the library (I was nine in line to have it on hold). OH I LOVE THIS BOOK!!! As any of my long time readers know, I am a HUGE Mary Jane fan!!! And while she is a bit more liberal than my circle of friends, I do admire her and love her writings. And her projects. And her way of life (farming, everything done from scratch and HANDS ON, etc.)
(Rebecca, I thought of you while thumbing through this latest book of hers - especially when I came to the yo-yo section, she made a Beautiful PILLOW!!! Be sure to check it out!)

I finally got her first book (a birthday present from hubby) and am hoping to get this second one for my birthday this year (long time away, but enough time to save up for it). :)

Ok, now for those of you who do ANY craft (not just sewing), head over to Waiting For Him's Sew Crafty Friday and share what you are working on. She just posted a link to the CUTEST towel topper!!!

Right now it is finally nice enough to do gardening so that is where I have been. NO time for crafts right now. It feels so good to be getting out there and working hard with my hands. We just moved in and are having to pull up tons of Juniper plants (Yuck! What where the previous owners thinking?). It has been hard work. But the beautiful Holly Hocks that will line that row of front space garden (have not even had time to work on the back yet) is going to be SO WORTH IT! Especially when we make Holly Hock Dolls! I will post links for those later. Break over and back to pulling up those NASTY Junipers!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

How do I find this Mary Jane gal? I have never heard of her before, but she sounds like my kind of woman! :-)

I am JUST doing the finishing touches on my yo-yo pillow and will probably do my 'reveal' next week some time.

If you could share the link to Mary Jane's blog/website whatever and/or the link to the pillow-I would LOVE to check it out!

Paula said...

Found my original post about her (with lots of links) and added it. Click on HUGE MARY JAN FAN. :)

There unfortunately is no link to the pillow, but I can tell you about it. It is a black fabric for the background and then she used the yo-yos to form a flower basket with flowers. TOO CUTE!!!

Rebecca said...

THAT IS WHAT I AM DOING!!!!

Oh golly.

That is CRAZY!!!!

I saw it in a magazine once and thought I would 'copy' it! My background is white though. I bet the black is striking!

That is nuts. Now I am super excited to show you my finished product!