Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Father's Day Ideas

I think Father's are totally unappreciated. They never make a fuss (like Mother's sometimes can) about missing "their" holiday. And so it is easy that Momma becomes wrapped up in the business of caring for her family that she forgets to really CELEBRATE the Daddy.

I am so blessed to be married to my beloved. And I admit that in the past I am usually one who gets so wrapped up in the business of caring for my family that I usually do something last minute (and sadly not very meaningful) for my beloved to show my appreciation of him for his role as the father of our children.

Sadly last year I cannot remember what, if anything, I did. The year before I made him a plaque with each of the children's footprints and the words:

We follow you as you follow Christ - 1 Cor 11:1

This year I want it to be different. This year, I am taking the next few days/weeks to really work on his gift and to CELEBRATE the gift that he truly is. I will post my project as I complete it. I know he does not read my blog (he told me so himself), so no worries there. :)

Here are some links for Father’s Day Ideas from The Romantic.
Creative Father's Day Ideas
http://www.theromantic.com/stories/fathersday/main.htm

More Great Father's Day Gifts
http://www.theromantic.com/gifts.htm

One of the things I am thinking of doing is making a shirt of all the kids hands prints that says “Best Dad Hands Down!” I know my husband and a handmade gift from the children would mean more to him than anything store bought. But I am unsure. I also plan on writing a letter about each child's birth and how I have seen him be there for it and through it, and how I have seen him bond and grow in his relationship with each of the children. I also want each of the children to talk about (maybe on video tape) about their Daddy.

I would LOVE to hear what you ladies are doing for your man for Father’s Day. And I encourage you to go really BIG this year! Life is too short and too precious.

Side note: I am sorry this did not show up on Tuesday when I posted it, I had the wrong date on it! LOL!!!!

No comments: