Friday, May 4, 2007

It's Important

This kinda ties in my never too young post from yesterday. A child is never too young to learn about 911.

This link has the 911 call (from a 4 year old boy) as well as the link to buy the book (as well as more info, like what happened to the mother). I highly suggest you go and listen and then get this book for your children. (HT: MommyLife)

Also, living in CO, EVERYONE here knows about how listening to The Safety Hop CD put out by the Colorado Springs Fire Department, a child learned to call 911 and save his mothers life. It made national news. These are songs Mom and Dad will sing along with as they remind you of the sock hop. :) My kids LOVE this CD. If you can get a copy of it, I HIGHLY suggest you do. Unfortunately they are no longer distributed by the CSFD, so you will have to look in Goodwills and also online. I was one in the Goodwill Outlet the other day. I was SHOCKED anyone would be getting rid of it, but maybe their kids have outgrown it. I was also able to send a copy to my SIL (in another state), so check where you live. :)

1 comment:

Sallie said...

We love Colorado Springs.. my in laws live there. Our kids favorite place is Focus and Garden of the Gods, of course.

God bless..