Friday, May 25, 2007

Friday's Fun: Vintage Games - Hymn Geography

Of course, being a Christian AND a homeschooling mom, I love to find games that tie the two together!!!

Select hymns (or portions of hymns) which have something to do with geography. For example, "The Old Rugged Cross" suggests a hill and "The Stranger of Galilee" suggests a lake. See how quickly you can name the geographical factor the hymn suggests (or mentions). You can give points for each correct guess OR, you can just have fun by shouting it out and then continue singing the song and praising the Lord together.

This is a WONDERFUL way to get to know th slowly fading art of the BEAUTIFUL hymns that are out there!!

Cyber Hymnal is my favorite place for finding hymns (but you can google and find one that works for you). You can also buy CD's with hymns on them. For he past few weeks, I have been trying to learn a new hymn a week. Ever since my first, I have been singing hymns to my children, especially at night to help them to sleep.

No comments: