Thursday, May 10, 2007

Character Thought for Helpmeets

Character Thought: Initiative

Do you recognize things that your husband
might need done before he has to ask for them?

“She looketh well to the ways of her household,
and eateth not the bread of idleness.”
Proverbs 31:27


OH WOW! This is just one of the AWESOME things about this AWESOME new site that I know you will enjoy and appreciate as much as I do. I just wish I had found it sooner! It is called An Helpmeet For Him, and they have a weekly character trait (above is this week's) to work on and think about. And the articles there are so edifying and encouraging. I added this page to my RSS feed reader as soon as I finished reading the first paragraph! :)

As for this weekly character thought, I do try to do this. I try to keep an eye on his drink at meals, and fill it up before he gets up to fill it himself. I also try to take care of all finances and bills according to the budget we created together. I try to make sure that our pantry is stocked for things he likes to do (like plenty of flour for baking and other stockpiles of stuff for when he gets a chance to cook). I make sure the car is maintained (oil changes and other things up to date). I also try to plan something fun for the weekend, or at least have a few things for him to choose from. And in that, I try to incorporate ways he can take pictures (as photography is a hobby/passion of his and is a way he can express the creativity he is not allowed to at work).

I admit that I am not as good in other areas seeing what he needs done. I usually try to ask him in the morning if there is anything I can do for him that day. Usually, if I am keeping up with the bills and extra unexpected expenses and things that need to be done, there is usually nothing for him to say. :D

No comments: