Thursday, May 17, 2007

Happy Birthday My Little One

(Click on the picture to see credits and details like journaling - Hosted at Digital Scrapbook Artisan Guild)

My little girl turned 4 this month. She still likes to cuddle (in fact yesterday she thought I was sleeping and crawled up on top of me and gave me lots of kisses and said "I love you Momma, sleep well.") Her favorite color is pink AND green (what four year old has only ONE favorite anyway?). Her favorite song is "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star." She still delights to see me smile at her, and comes running with open arms when I crouch down and open my arms, wrapping her up in the biggest hug I can muster up at the moment.

I love ALL my girls, but on each of their birthday's I take time to focus on just them. And as I finally got time to create her layout, it brought back a flood of memories of how God has truly taught me so much through this blessing!

MM was not in our plans (but she sure was in God's). We knew we were pregnant the night we conceived her. Throughout her pregnancy, God grew both my beloved and me in our walk with the Lord, much more than HE prolly could have without this pregnancy. God gave us her name (the first time we actually prayed for a name for our child instead of picking one ourselves). Her birth was the easiest and most wonderful out of them all.

She broker her arm at the age of two. And that same year she also developed some mysterious SOMETHING (the doctors still have no idea what it is/was) that caused her fever to go near 106 and not come down despite medications. And she had a horrible pain in her side. They ran several tests and I stayed in the hospital with her a week, when one day the fever broke and the pain went away. They released us a day later (after running more tests) and that was that.

God sure has taught us a lot through our unexpected little blessing. She has brought so much joy and pleasure (her middle names means pleasure) into our lives. And our lives would be so incomplete without her. God knew we needed a little MM in our lives. And I am glad He did. :)

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday Little One! May God bless you this day and hereafter.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post! My oldest daughter will be 4 in the Fall, time surely flies. The ironic thing is that she broke her arm just before her second birthday. What a delight that God gave you your daughter's name and that her middle name means pleasure. How neat! I have prayed over each of my girls names and they have fit to a tee (silly thing is I'm not so sure how I'm supposed to write that . . . LOL). Blessings to you and your special little lady as she celebrates her 4th birthday.