Monday, July 2, 2007

Harvest Tables

I have been wanting a harvest table for a LONG time. I would have happily settled for a table that would seat 6, but my dream was a harvest table.

And of course, every time we got to a garage sale, the table (usually a six seater with just the one insert) had just been sold.

But God, who provides abundantly and exceedingly above all we ask or think has blessed me with a harvest table! A couple was having a garage sale. They were moving and needing to downsize (all children grown and gone). As we drove up, it was PERFECT, but we saw a man looking at it and my beloved commented that we never get the tables. I could tell he was discouraged, so in trying to encourage him, I said he should go look at it.

Well, it had six chairs and I thought it was just a six person table. BUT IT WAS NOT SOLD! God was holding it for us! :) AND IT WAS A HARVEST TABLE!!!

They were asking $100 for it, but my smooth talking beloved talked them down to $75! It turns out they lived right around the corner from us (we are still new to the neighborhood and do not know the streets very well). AND they helped us carry it around the corner and to our house! And it is a VERY sturdy table and in really good shape!

OH WHAT A BLESSING!

It is currently in my dining room surrounded by six chairs with just the one insert for now. :) I LOVE IT!! :) And the girls do too!

I did, however, come across a wonderful article for those who are still waiting on their harvest table.

Creative Harvest Table

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

HUrray for a harvest table (though I am not entirely sure what exactly that means...just assuming it is a table that extends to a good length?)

Happy days!

Kelly said...

We just moved from Colorado a few months ago and I used to LOVE their garage sales! We bought our first table from one and it lasted us for 5 years until we recently bought one from IKEA.
You got a great find. That is so fun.

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful! What an incredibly exciting find.

Thanks for the link. :-)