Saturday, July 7, 2007

Saturday Sweethearts: More Romancing Your Husband Ideas

WHAT TO WEAR
Suggested by HoneyBunny

WHAT I DID: asked hubby to pick out ENTIRELY everything I would wear on our regularly scheduled date night

MY REASON: add a little anticipation to my husbands thoughts for the whole evening on that date

HOW I FELT: felt submissive to my husbands ideas

THE OBSTACLES I OVERCAME: fear of my husband NOT thinking about ME during the date

MY HUSBAND'S RESPONSE: most effective, he was really pleased with the idea and enjoyed knowing HE picked out what I wore

WHAT I WISH I HAD DONE: wish I would have suggested hubby to think of where we were going ahead of time

BUDGET SUGGESTIONS: no budget necessary for clothing already in closet (in my case it was articles of clothing he left out in his choices)

TREASURE HUNT:
Suggested by HoneyBunny

WHAT I DID: Made 12 "clue notes" for a treasure hunt.

MY REASON: Just wanted to do something fun, bring out the child in husband and me.

HOW I FELT: Like a child going to the candy store.

THE OBSTACLES I OVERCAME: Being too serious all the time.

MY HUSBAND'S RESPONSE: He had a lot of fun. He enjoyed guessing all the clues.

WHAT I WISH I HAD DONE: I wouldn't change a thing.

BUDGET SUGGESTIONS: Depends on what you want the "treasure" to be. I had my husbands treasure be a can of his favorite cinnamon rolls. When he found his treasure I baked them and we ate them together.

LOVE IN LIPSTICK
Suggested by HoneyBunny

WHAT I DID: Wrote a love note on the mirror last night, so hubby would see it this morning before leaving to go to work.

MY REASON: Just wanted hubby to know I was thinking of him, often.

HOW I FELT: I felt like a "giving woman" to my hubby.

THE OBSTACLES I OVERCAME: Frustrations on waiting for hubby to do something like that for me. I just did it because our marriage needed a note to remind us BOTH how much we love each other.

MY HUSBAND'S RESPONSE: He was surprised, it was unexpected. (I haven't done that in a loooong time)

WHAT I WISH I HAD DONE: Tried a dry erase marker instead of lipstick.

BUDGET SUGGESTIONS: None that I can think of.

RISE IN THE MORNING
Suggested by HoneyBunny

WHAT I DID:
I got up at 5:30 am.

MY REASON: I wanted to spend time with hubby before our day began.

HOW I FELT: Sleepy (I'm NOT an early riser, usually not up till 7:30 am) also, I felt flirtatious

THE OBSTACLES I OVERCAME: Not hitting the snooze to sleep in and miss out on time with hubby.

MY HUSBAND'S RESPONSE: Surprised. I haven't done that in a long time either.

WHAT I WISH I HAD DONE: Gotten up at 4:30 am when hubby rolled out of bed (we would have had more time, if things progressed to something delightful)

BUDGET SUGGESTIONS: None.


LOVE NOTES
Suggested by Joy

WHAT I DID: I like to leave him little love notes in his car at night for him to find when he goes to work in the morning.I tape them to his steering wheel!

MY REASON: To let know I am thinking about him.

HOW I FEEL: I love to be the reason he has a spring in his step (or so he says) on the days I do.

THE OBSTACLES I OVERCAME: Just remembering to sneak out at night and get dressed quietly so he won't know I did it till the AM!

MY HUSBAND'S RESPONSE: He loved it!

WHAT I WISH I HAD DONE: Sprayed some perfume on it! Or kissed it with my lipstick!

BUDGET SUGGESTIONS: none, it only cost time and love!

-----
Remember, THESE ARE IDEAS FOR YOU (not your husband). YOU are to romance your husband! I was inspired to do these Saturday Sweethearts based on a book called Romancing Your Husband by Debra White Smith. PLEASE get a hold of this book and read it. It is a really good book and will really change your life. :)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

All great ideas! I may steal a few to use. :o)

Canay said...

Wow what wonderful romance ideas. We are coming up on our 30th anniversary. I think this would be a perfect idea for me to get NOW!

Anonymous said...

I read these yesterday and had an opportunity to try one out this morning!
:) Great ideas!
Kat