Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Happy Belated Leon Day

Did you know we missed an important holiday? You know how holidays are invented and created for anything now a days.

Well, there is an official holiday called Leon Day. I kid you not. This year it was June 25, 2007. And do you know what we celebrate on Leon Day? Exactly 6 months of shopping left until Christmas. LOL! And why is it called Leon? Well that is NOEL spelled backwards silly! :)

I did not believe it when my friend told me this (us crafters usually get started on Christmas presents in July because that is how long it takes to make all of them). I went searching on google and only found baseball stuff. I thought her husband had pulled her leg.

But when you add the word "Christmas" to the search, you find out, indeed there IS a holiday to celebrate only 6 months of shopping until Christmas. Is America too commercialized? I will let you answer that one.

BUT, as a homeschooling mom, have to find a way to celebrate and teach the children, right? So here you go, some links to help you celebrate Leon Day. LOL! (Ok, it seems only ONE LOL!)

Happy LEON Day

(HT: Debb my friend at Digital Scrapbook Artisan Guild, if you stop by say lvg4him sent you)

No comments: