Wednesday, July 11, 2007

We Did It .. Scratch that ... GOD Did It!

We now have a dog. Her name is Sandi (with an I - a pretty plain name, I know, but spelled with an I makes it ever so much more romantic, don't you think?) We got her yesterday, and she is two years old, so her birthday is July 10, 2005. :)

I did not know when you want a dog from the humane society, you have to take them then and there or no deal.

So I called my husband, who said he trusted me, and I brought her home.

She is the SWEETEST dog, and how I got her is a secret (I promised I would not tell because the HS NEVER does what they did in my case - NO EXCEPTIONS --- SHhhhh! I promise I won't tell). We almost did not get her (technical issues with humane society rules, it is just not the way we do things, they said), but we had prayed, and had a friend praying, that if God wanted us to have this dog, we would. We knew that if the Lord wanted us to have her, He would provide. (It may not be the HS way, but His ways are not our ways are they!!??).

She is adapting VERY well to our new home and every member of the family just LOVES her. She is very sweet and mild (for a golden retriever high energy dog that is). And all we have for her is the small bag of food that came with her and the water. The kids are using their bowls for right now. And she loves playing catch with them (with a tennis ball). I know I need to scrap this, but right now, I am so enjoying watch my family and my new love.

We took her (did I mention how GREAT she does in the car?) to the pet store (the one where you can take the dog in with you) and everyone commented on what a sweet dog she was (even the groomer who helped us find a brush commented on what a sweet dog she is). We got SO MANY comments about how sweet she was that my girls asked how come so many people were saying what a sweet dog she is. OH I AM SO HAPPY! What a blessing!

On a sad side note, both my husband and I are allergic to the dog. But we love her so dearly, we gladly suffer.

So far so good as far as her still being a sweet and good dog (I was worried that all night she would bark and bark or something).

She did gives us quite the scare this morning. My husband went out at 5:30 to check on her and she was gone. He called and called, and she never came. He rushed upstairs to get me out of bed, and he took the car and went out looking for her. My girls woke up with all the confusion and yelling and asked what was going on. When I told them Sandi was missing, they all cried.

Pray girls.

So we all prayed and I began printing out the pictures we took of her yesterday. My oldest went out in the back to see if there was a hole that she had dug to get out (possible for her to jump the fence, but wow that is a tall order!). She said even her bone was missing (I thought how funny for Sandi to take her bone and leap over the fence, but a desperate dog might just do that)! :)

Well my husband came home to grab the pictures, and saw her out back! I have no idea other than God's answer to prayer! It is simply amazing! We should have named her "God Answers Prayer." LOL!!! Thank you Lord, for answering the prayers of three small, simple children!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there. what a beautiful dog. isnt it amazing how God knows what we need, when we need it....and best of all...makes things happen when it seems impossible. I just popped onto your sight and have enjoyed reading some of your entries

Carrie said...

Aw, I am so excited for you! I know how much your girls wanted a dog! :)

Lisa said...

She is such a pretty dog. I'm so glad you were able to get her. They really do become part of the family. :o)