Friday, July 6, 2007

For Those Selling Used Curriculum (or those looking to buy)

First, for those looking to sell:

I understand that you spent a LOT of money on your curriculum. I understand that you want to make some of that money back. But you have to understand if I had the money to pay near full price for the curriculum, I would not be looking to buy USED curriculum! Please understand, I am not trying to be rude. But to me, making half price back for what you paid for it is more than generous. What other book do you know that stays the same price in value once used? Home school curriculum really is no different. It does not retain it's price value once you purchase it. It is like any other book (or car). Please try to remember that when pricing your used curriculum.

A HUGE THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO PUT THEIR USED CURRICULUM ON PAPERBACK SWAP! I have been able to get some GOOD STUFF thanks to you, and I will be listing mine on there too!

For those looking to buy:

The reason that other home schooling moms charge near full price for used curriculum is because you are willing to pay for it. May I suggest that instead of saving $5 buying it used, SUPPORT VENDORS! A lot of GOOD, Christian (some even homeschooling Momma's who could really have used the income) have been forced out of business because people are buying so much used curriculum. I could understand this sad phenomenon if the used curriculum was being sold for a greatly reduced price (as we all like to save money). But for near full price? And if nothing else, check out Paper Back Swap! I have seen more and more moms put homeschooling materials on there! It allows you to get the curriculum you want FOR FREE, and I encourage you to re-list it on Paperback Swap when you are done. Pay it forward.

While I share this info about Paper Back Swap with you in order to HELP you, I do get credit if you join, so please leave my email as the referring email. However, I want to say I am not sharing this for the credit. I am sharing it because I have been helped by it. The credit simply allows me to get one book (it is not cash). Thank you.

1 comment:

~~Deby said...

First time visitor to your BLOG...love it...and I am sure I will be back....wonderful ideas...Spiritually conservative...etc...

Deby
WA State