Friday, July 27, 2007

To Those of You...

To those of you who honked in anger and raced by, I hope you felt remorse when you saw me, in anguish holding my limp baby, and will think twice about honking and getting angry the next time traffic is held up.

To those of you who stopped to help, especially the lady right behind me who helped clean my baby and me and the car up, and the angel EMT who showed up out of no where, and who disappeared just as quickly once the baby was safe, and the two gentlemen who came rushing over to help, thank you thank you THANK YOU and may God continue to bless you all of your days for your care and help today.

And to all you Mommy's who allow your older baby to eat even the smallest of finger foods while you are driving... please stop. It is not as safe as you think, and baby can wait 15 more minutes until you get home. 15 minutes of a crying baby is a baby who is alive and not choking.

To the rest who were just curious if the baby was OK but were unable to stop, baby is home and sleeping now. He is doing fine. Very tired, but very alive baby. Thank God.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Praise God he is ok!

That gave me chills!

Sherry

Shereen said...

Paula, did this happen to you? You don't know how many times I have given my babies something to eat when they were little, to keep them quiet. I hope all is okay, if it was you, or someone you know. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you and your baby are OK! :) It's amazing how FAST life can change, and I'm glad you're all well.

Everyone is in a hurry these days.My 'baby' (10 years old, but my baby none the less!) and I broke down in an intersection last week and NO ONE but one lady stopped to help us. They were all yelling and honking, too.Like we had held them up on purpose.

Rebecca said...

oh dear me! From the pieces I have gathered, it sounds like you had a very serious scare the other day! Praise GOD He saw fit to protect your wee one from harm.

I do that all the time-and I have never thought about choking before. I will definately be thinking twice now.

I hope you are feeling a bit more calm now and that baby has recovered and is resting.

Poor baby. Poor Mama.

PRAISING GOD WITH YOU!