Monday, August 13, 2007

Working on Finances

SO this week of my plan I decided to work on finances.

Last week, working on health, I lost 7 lbs and dropped 2 inches off my waist! I do not expect those results to be typical, as when you first start eating healthier, you usually do lose a large amount of weight fast. But progress is progress is progress! YEAH!

So for this week on finances, the plan is not to spend any money. No money on gas (I might have the pleasure of taking a friend to the airport, but would not need to fill up on gas). How to do this?

Firstly, STAY HOME! :) Every time I go out, I seem to buy something. Usually because I am going out to garage sales or thrift stores. I am addicted to thrifting. I so enjoying paying a small amount of money on something. Even if that something is something I don't need. And no going to garage sales! LOL! If I have done well without it for this long, I can do well without it for even longer. :)

Secondly, use what I have. Each meal will be made with stuff I have filling my fridge, freezer and pantry. My posts this week will most likely happen in the evening so I can share what meal we had. :)

Tonight's meal consisted of a bag of frozen chopped onion and peppers, and a bag of frozen veggies (broccoli, carrots, zucchini, squash), some frozen corn, a can of black beans and Mexican Seasoning. I LOVE to cook in cast iron. Whenever I make my Mexican meals, I always squeeze a little lime juice on top to make it sizzle and give it a bit of a kick. The girls LOVE it. I bring the pot to the table and put on a hot plate. We have our taco shells and toppings (shredded lettuce, salsa, cheese, etc.)ready to go and have a taco bar at the table! It is GREAT! We did not have taco shells, so we just used up our corn chips! We made a taco dip instead of tacos. :) It was yummy and fun.

Lunch was frozen waffles with syrup and breakfast was cereal. Snacks were the fresh fruit we always have in a basket on the table.

I also need to be more creative about using what I already have. Sometimes I think I really NEED something, when really it is more of a want. If I look closely at all that God has blessed me with, I am usually able to find a way to use what I already have to get what I really want. :)