Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Let's Promote Each Other

I am about to put a link here, not in order to just promote my blog, but because the poster has a good point...

There are a lot of blogs out there. Some good, some bad, and then the great ones (by parents ... Moms like you and me and some of the dads too).

Unfortunately, the good and the bad ones tend to get more ... publicity. While the great ones that edify one another aren't even recognized (sadly, sometimes not even by each other). But I do think we need to be a bit more proactive in getting our message out there. There might be a mom who needs to hear what you have to say, but can't find your blog because it is ranked so low in the blogsphere.

But there are some steps you can follow to promote your blog and other blogs you read and appreciate. I encourage you to make time during this week to visit and do the things she suggests.

Let's Promote Each Other!

I also want to take this time to remind you to COMMENT ON THOSE BLOGS! I know I m VERY guilty of this. I slap all my fav blogs in my RSS Reader, then skim through quickly (trying to keep up on over 200 blogs *YIKES!*). In fact, I have been a "lurker" for the blog I just linked to! LOL!!

But just like you appreciate comments, so do the writers of the blogs you visit everyday. I know what it is like to be a busy mom. But we really do need to edify each other. And commenting on a blog is one way to do that. :) Just one blog a day! :) Pick one and comment! :) LOL!! And don't forget if you see the FAV AT TECHNORATI site button (mine is on the lower left hand bar) TO FAV THOSE BLOGS YOU LIKE! It helps them get more coverage! And it will be promoting those GREAT blogs by moms like you!!! :)

Of course, I will have to wait until next week to do all this. My first court appearance is today. Your prayers are greatly appreciated. I am really hoping she will drop the case. I need to have discernment about what to share (and what to save for court on Friday should it get that far). So prayer for discernment for me, for the city attorney to feel convicted and see the truth, and if it is God's will for the case to be dismissed. That way, should it go to court, I will know that God has some purpose for it (maybe to stop speed traps altogether). Thank you again for your prayers.

2 comments:

Sallie said...

I completely agree we need to raise each other up with comments and links. I too am bad about using my feeder and then not commenting. I joined lists to try and get my blog more visibility and then I end up #1 on the homeschooling blog (that is the dumbest thing I ever heard of..me being #1 that is)yet I am so far behind the people who have 1000's of readers daily on the other lists. Funnily enough, I've looked at some of those blogs and they don't even have recent posts...LOL.. I wish there was a frugal blog roll for just us everyday people who try to do our best :-)

Good luck with the speeding thing and all. Pray it all works oout...

Lauren said...

I just found your site by technorati, and agree with everything you've said!

I just started a new site that is a pretty radical departure from my old one.

I'm trying to start a group for women who find need accountability in terms of bein idle in life. I really hope that we can all edify each other.

God Bless,

Lauren