Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Day Three

Day Three of making do with what I have. I have not had to buy any food yet! :)

One of the GREAT things about noodles is that you go go to any country with their flavor! You can use spaghetti or the small little spirals..ANYTHING. :D

Add some veggies and tomato sauce for Italian.
Add artichoke hearts, kalamata olives and some dressing for Greek.
Add some soy sauce and ginger and veggies for Chinese. (Sprinkle with sesame seeds for extra flair.)
Add some black beans, corn, tomatoes, onions and chili powder for Mexican.

Tonight, we had Chinese. I used long spaghetti noodles. I made a sauce with ginger, garlic, soy sauce and a few other seasonings. I also added some canned baby corn and canned shitake mushrooms. It was really good!

For breakfast we had oatmeal.
For lunch, my girls remember coupons we had for FREE kids meal at a local fast food joint. AND we got FREE ice cream (those servings of ice cream were HUGE!).

No comments: