Saturday, August 18, 2007

Saturday Sweethearts: Making your anniversary memorable

Calling All Friends, Families and Celebrities
by Michael Webb
Making your anniversary memorable

On May 27th, Athena and I celebrated our seventh yearly wedding anniversary. I wanted to make it even more special than our average yearly extravaganza so I came up with an idea to make it very memorable. I wanted to have friends, families and celebrities to send greetings to Athena to congratulate her on this special occasion.

First, about one month before our anniversary, I went on the Internet and found several sites where celebrity mailing addresses were listed. I wrote down about 25 celebrities around the world that Athena has admired for things they had accomplished or talents they have. I didn't write to anyone simply because they were good-looking or famous. I did my best to hunt down a few more addresses of notables that I knew Athena was particularly fond of. I wrote each person a short letter explaining what I was doing.

Along with the letter I included a card and envelope that was pre-addressed and stamped so all they would have to do is to write a short note, sign it, seal it and post it. About two weeks before our anniversary, the card from Woody Allen came. In proper fashion, Martha Stewart's came just a few days before our anniversary. The day of our anniversary came greetings from Brooke Shields, Andre Aggasi and Harry Connick Jr. Within the next few weeks came cards from Bill Cosby, Robin Williams, Emma Thompson and the cast of Friends.

The second tier of this plan had to do with friends and family who have e-mail. I sent messages to about 40 people who have e-mail and asked them to send a message to my wife at her office. The day of our anniversary (she had to work, unfortunately), she was flooded with dozens of messages over the computer. The reason I didn't ask our friends to send a card is that it would have been expensive for me to send out an additional 40 and it would have been slightly rude to ask for them to go out and buy a card for us.

Michael Webb is the founder of www.TheRomantic.com and the best-selling author of "The Romantic's Guide" and 7 other Books.


-=-=-
My notes: While your list of celebrities may be quite different than listed above, you can write to famous evangelicals (like Billy Graham) or even your husband's favorite authors (or bloggers!).

-----
Remember, THESE ARE IDEAS FOR YOU (not your husband). YOU are to romance your husband! I was inspired to do these Saturday Sweethearts based on a book called Romancing Your Husband by Debra White Smith. PLEASE get a hold of this book and read it. It is a really good book and will really change your life. :)

No comments: