Saturday, August 11, 2007

Saturday Sweethearts: Dinner Out

So, for our 11 year anniversary, my husband went all out. You have to understand that he really wanted to do something special for our ten year anniversary, but because of finances and a move, were were unable to. So he made up for it this year. :)

First, a stop off at the jewelers. The engagement part of my wedding set (I have a wedding band and engagement ring) had thinned so much that I worried about it falling off. The jeweler had said it had about 6 months before it thinned so much it would break. I did not know that gold could thin, but with daily wear, it can and does. So I had taken it off and put it in my jewelery box to avoid losing it forever. It was too expensive to fix.

Well, my husband had snuck it out and to the jeweler and it just so happened to be ready on our anniversary! :) It was so romantic!!

Then off to dinner. We went to The Melting Pot. Because we had reservations, they put us in a small room that was "closed off" by a curtain (to give us a little more privacy). While it was VERY romantic, when we left, we did see a lot of families with children as young as 4 and groups (not just couples).

Now, while finances may be tight and you cannot afford dinner out, at a place like this you can come just for the dessert and have it be just as romantic! Remember that you are not doing this every day. :) But maybe, for your next special occasion, you look into splurging a little bit. Maybe you save the extra money from the coupons you clipped. Or maybe you were really good with finances and did not spend as much as allocated in all your categories.

And, if nothing else, have dinner out ... IN! Check out the thrift stores for a fondue pot and do a fondue dinner at home! I think 1 in 3 couples receive a fondue pot when they get married. Most of them prolly never use it! LOL! So if nothing else, maybe you can borrow a friends! LOL!! Light some candles, cut some flowers from the garden, and have a romantic dinner! :)

1 comment:

Mom2fur said...

What a romantic day! Happy Anniversary. May there be 100 more for you and your sweet husband.

My husband and I are married 27 years this coming November. Alas, we missed making a big to-do of the 25th because my mil passed away(after long illness). I spent my 25th in a funeral parlor. But my four kids made up for it on my 26th by renting a nice hotel room for my husband and me!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I never see those cute vintage patterns, either. I suppose, because they are paper and something used, they don't 'keep.' I was thrilled my friend let me borrow it, and that it was actually something I could make!