Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Grand Canyon


I love the Grand Canyon. It is one of the most beautiful of God's creations. And recently, we went and took the kids with us. We did tent camping and went from rim to rim (North to South).

One of my favorite memories was of sharing the sun setting over the canyon with my girls. Beloved and AA were out together on the other side of the dip, down on the trail a bit. And I had gone off in search of a different perspective. He was surrounded by people (and the canyon). We were surrounded only by the majestic beauty of the sun setting over the canyon (and the giggles of my girls having a great time).

One of the tips for great vacation shots (this month's guild membership at Digital Scrapbook Artisan Guild has a FREE mini-class all about vacation photos) is to go off the beaten path where no one is to get a great shot. And as you can see, I got some GREAT shots. NONE of the photos are retouched! WOOHOO!! I had finally gotten up the courage to play with the manual settings on my point and shoot (thanks to my beloved for the encouragement!).

And before you ask, YES, I was TERRIFIED of the kids falling into the canyon! LOL!! I cannot tell you how many times I yelled at them "GET AWAY FROM THE EDGE!" LOL! Even though they were SO FAR away from it, it was still too close for Momma's comfort. :D

I am sorry for the watermark on the layout. Unfortunately, because of some dishonest people out there claiming layouts/photos as their own, this is becomming more and more necessary to prevent piracy. You should be able to click to enlarge to read better. This is a two page layout.

I hope to FINALLY complete a vacation album. I have not completed one since 2001! LOL!!

1 comment:

Wendi said...

Thanks for visiting! I am so glad that you are enjoying your visits.

Looks like a fantastic trip to the Grand Canyon. That is on our list of places to visit.