Saturday, August 25, 2007

The Fabric Is....

Some of you have asked what fabric I chose from the contest I won.

I chose Scattered Flowers by Robert Kaufman to make a skirt for myself from (number 51 on my 100 Things in 1001 Days). I did purchase an extra yard of the fabric so that I would have two yards (as most skirt patterns online say 2 yards). I still am unsure of what skirt pattern I want to follow. Any suggestions??

I also need to make a pretty matching blouse to go with it. I am thinking a white blouse that is short sleeved and does not need to be tucked in. ANY IDEAS? I am VERY new to sewing (especially sewing clothes) and would really like to find something pretty. Even if you don't read my blog regularly and just got here searching for sewing, PLEASE MAKE A SUGGESTION! :) I have an idea of what I want, but no idea where to find a pattern for it (and too novice to make my own pattern). THANKS!!

4 comments:

Sallie said...

that is such a pretty fabric and will look lovely with a white blouse! I have a white blouse (bought cause I'm not a good sewer YET) and it has a ribbon belt and gathered sleeves. It would be perfect for something like this. Very feminine and you could change the ribbon belt to wear with other skirts..

God bless,
Sallie

*carrie* said...

Paula,

Monica is my sister, The Homespun Heart. We're the swap coordinators--hope it's going well!

Tracy said...

The blouse that I recently made with pintucks would be very cute. I made long sleeves, but there are short sleeves included in the pattern. If you go to my blog, search for "A Poetic blouse". That will bring the picture up. Pattern is Simplicity 3786. It looks hard, but was mainly time consuming!

Michelle said...

Not sure if you read the blog "Eyes of Wonder", but Jewels and her daughters made some lovely peasant-style blouses (http://eyesofwonder.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/07/more-pleasant-p.html).
I went out and bought the pattern, and it's relatively easy, and very feminine.