Tuesday, February 20, 2007

What We Are Learning

Today we finished a book about Louis Braille. I must admit that I am amazed at the interest my oldest (AA 7yog) has taken in this. After I finished reading the book (which has the Braille alphabet on the back), she spent time making a time line! We have never made a time line before! She looked up the dates in the book about when he was born, when he died, and when the statue was raised in his hometown in his honor. I encouraged her by including other dates, like when the first Braille printing press was used and when he got sick. It is so neat to see her take such an interest in something and take the initiative to write down something that was important to her!!! SO EXCITING!!! I know those of you who have been homeschooling for years, this may be no big deal. But it is exciting to see her excited about learning!!!

I know that she has always been learning, but it is still exciting to see book learning! We also defined the word coffin. SO WILD!!!

No comments: