Saturday, February 10, 2007

Saturday Sweethearts: Loving My Husband


If I'm going to love my husband, I need to know how God defines love. - Tammy

Oh I love this!!! I will post a bit of the article here on my blog, but I HIGHLY suggest you head over to her blog to read the entire post. And leave her a little love while there (ie. a comment).

Love suffers long and is kind...
Patience. Kindness. So many times I don't feel like having patience, yet this passage attacks that problem right away.

...love does not envy... Jealousy. A woman can think of a hundred things to be envious of, but envy will breed bitterness. My best solution? Get busy and keep loving!

Love does not parade itself, is not puffed up... Oh, how many times I want to say, "See?! I was right." Love doesn't care about "right", it cares about kindness and patience and selflessness. Pride is self-love, and it will battle truly loving your spouse.

...does not behave rudely, does not seek its own... Gentleness rather than jesting, something I had to practice remembering. When I jokingly laugh at or belittle someone else, especially my husband, it forms a "rough" demeanor rather than conveying gentleness.

...is not provoked, thinks no evil... Ah, yes. The ever-tempting "I'm sure he meant..." or "How could he NOT notice?!" Think good thoughts. Think the best of your husband. You'll surprise him, and you'll probably surprise yourself, too.

...does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth... Do not be glad when your husband fails, even when you're tempted to start getting "puffed up" because of it. Rejoice in the truth in all situations and DON'T gossip, even to your husband.

...bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. Hopes all things? Bears all things? Endures all things? Believes all things? "My husband surely isn't worthy of perfect love like that," you say. Why should we?? Because God first loved us.

-----
Remember, THESE ARE IDEAS FOR YOU (not your husband). YOU are to romance your husband! I was inspired to do these Saturday Sweethearts based on a book called Romancing Your Husband by Debra White Smith. PLEASE get a hold of this book and read it. It is a really good book and will really change your life. :)

No comments: