Saturday, February 24, 2007

Saturday Sweethearts: Write A Poem

I think it is a sterotype that only women like romance and flowers and poems. It has been a while since I wrote my beloved a poem. But I came across one that I wrote him for our one year wedding anniversary (first year anniversary is paper). I had gone through the whole book of Song of Solomon and took a few verses/thoughts from here and there and wrote a poem.

He is so handsome – the first
Of a thousand men to be noticed.

He is completely and perfectly beautiful!

His muscular figure envelopes me...
But beyond all this lies his heart ---

He is wonderful in every way!


Oh Love!
I am weak from joy!
Let me rest in your arms for strength ---

Yet such loving comfort make me more

Joyful and weaker still!


These are just a few of the stanzas (some are a bit too personal to share here - if you have read through Song of Solomon, you know how steamy it can get!!). =^)

I hope that this will encourage you to write your beloved a poem! My husband loved this poem. Maybe I will print it out for him to read again and let him know that ten years later, I still feel this way about him!! I am my beloved and my beloved is mine!

(Picture is a layout I made for my in-laws. This is them at their 35th wedding anniversary. When I met them, they acted like newlyweds, and years later, they still do - their love and devotion to one another is an inspiration.)

-----
Remember, THESE ARE IDEAS FOR YOU (not your husband). YOU are to romance your husband! I was inspired to do these Saturday Sweethearts based on a book called Romancing Your Husband by Debra White Smith. PLEASE get a hold of this book and read it. It is a really good book and will really change your life. :)

No comments: