Thursday, February 8, 2007

I Just Can't Do It

I know I have shared the web site The Rebelution with you before. It is written by two teenage boys. Boys??? YOUNG MEN really. I gain so much insight and wisdom not only in the raising of my children, but about MYSELF too! Is it at all odd that I am learning from men younger than me? Not old enough to be their mother (although I PRAY my children come out as well as these two young men did), but old enough to be a big (ok, ok REALLY big) sister. :)

We have all heard the "I just can't do it." And I am sure that we have heard the Bible verse quoted in response "I can do ALL THINGS through Christ who strengthens me." I know that when it comes to learning difficult things (like Spanish), I simply say that I don't have the brain for it. Or when it comes to decorating, I simply am too left-brained to. But after reading an article on their site (My First Shower Nearly Killed Me), I must say that I have to really examine myself.

I am WAY too lazy when it comes to doing hard things. And what kind of example is that setting for my children? Why do I expect them to do things they consider hard or difficult, but make excuses for myself when it comes to doing something difficult?

Ok, guys, I WILL learn to decorate my house!! Anyone know any good books to start with? :)

I put this under the category Training Children, but there should be a category Training Myself! LOL!!!

No comments: