Thursday, February 21, 2008

Need, Have, Give and GIVE

OOOHHHHHH. I have been reading Meredith's Blog Like Merchant Ships for .. well almost a year now. She is a person whom I highly admire and respect. She has encouraged me (and hundreds of others from the hits she is getting on her blog daily) in so many areas of my life on so many levels. But in all the time I have been reading her blog, I have never seen her say this:

"Buy what I need, use what I have, give creatively and often."

WOW! I am printing this out to put on a card to carry with me in my purse. And I am printing out one to put somewhere in the house. I like this phrase much better than the "use it up, wear it out" phrase. Sometimes that phrase can make you feel like you are living during the depression (where I think it originated).

While I cannot find Scripture for it at the moment, I think that Meredith has included SUCH an important piece of the puzzle. I truly believe that God loves a cheerful giver. And not just when we give to Him, but when we give to others.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have tagged you please join in and see my blog for details~
Blessings~
http://www.xanga.com/momto4nmore

Anonymous said...

"So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver." (2 Corinthians 9:7).