Sunday, February 24, 2008

If You Can't See This... Hello Nick! :)

I have sitemeter on my blog, which allows me to see where people who are visiting my blog are coming from (referring URL as well as city and server they are using). This is mostly for the safety of my family. I like being able to share pictures and the goings on in my day. And if someone is going to access my page, I have a right to know how they got here.

I mostly set up sitemeter on my blog to know what search words people were using to access my blog. If it was something inappropriate, I want to know, so I can change the wording to prevent my site from coming up in search engines for that phrase or those words.

Recently I have been getting hits on my site from an unknown source. Someone is preventing themselves from being known. And it was linked back to an adult site.

So my super genius beloved created a program that prevents them from accessing my page.

Unfortunately, it also prevents those who do not have JavaScript enabled from seeing my page as well. I might lose a few readers, but the safety of my family is more important.

If you have any questions about this, please let me know. I will be happy to talk to you.

So know that unknown user will enjoy being sent to Nick Jr instead of whatever he might have been up to here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have a nice blog here! I felt it necessary to comment on this particular topic so you don't think I'm a weirdo if I keep visiting. :)