Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Unrighteous Anger? And A Prayer Request

The Bible tells us to be angry, and sin not. Jesus got angry and threw tables upside down in the temple. I was listening to a sermon by Dr. S.M. Davis. He said that if you feel that you have righteous anger, then you have the time to pray about it and see if God wants you to be angry. THEN, If God says "yep, I want you to be angry and take action on this" THEN you may be angry and take action in anger. LOL! By then, most of the time, the anger is gone. MOst likely because it was unrighteous to begin with.

I must admit that I have some unrighteous anger right now. My sister is preggers with her second child (a boy). She is not due until Jan 20, so your prayers for her are appreciated. She went into contractions last night and was admitted to the hospital today where they have been administering drugs all day to prevent the contractions. As of this posting, she has not had the baby and will be in the hospital overnight for monitoring (and maybe more drugs).

I love my sister appreciate your prayers for her and the baby's safety.

So what does all this have to do with unrighteous anger?

My sister is not a Christian. Neither is my mother. Neither is anyone else she has informed about this. I keep hearing/seeing "sending good thoughts your way" and "lift up some good thoughts for her!" And what should happen should the baby and momma be just fine thanks to the PRAYERS that my family and prayer chain are lifting up for her? NOTHING?!?! God does not get glory from her or all the others who sent "good thoughts."

I must admit that I am struggling with this. I desperately want my sister and the baby to be OK. But I want God to get the glory for it when they are OK.

Maybe it is a righteous anger after all. I mean, if God is not getting the glory for His work, isn't that something to be angry about? I guess I need to pray about it and get back to you! LOL!!! :D Either way, please do be in prayer for my sister and her baby.

I am not sure how many of you know, but my sister had a horrible time trying to conceive both of her children. Took her three years of trying to conceive her first. Took 2 1/2 to conceive her second. And this will be her last (due to medical procedure being done after the birth by scheduled c-section (supposed to be Jan 09, 2009). My sister LOVES this baby boy and would be devastated if anything should happened. Thank you for your prayers.

No comments: