Thursday, January 3, 2008

You May Prove The Will Of God

I have had to really think about what I REALLY want to accomplish in my life. While my ultimate goal is to glorify God in all I do and say, I fall terribly short. Sometimes I think I should put duct tape over my mouth to avoid saying things in anger. And sometimes I think I should toss out every TV and computer so I am not tempted to waste time on them rather then investing in my children.

But I am reminded of a story of little boy who was being very horrible to his mother. She finally told him to sit in the corner. The little boy replied "I may be sitting on the outside, but I am still standing on the inside!" I am reminded that it doesn't matter what kind of obedience (even that forced upon me by duct tape) I show God, it is the obedient heart that matters to God.

So I need to change my heart.
"Create in me a clean heart O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me."
I need to change my conduct.
If you have indeed heard Him, and the truth is in you, put off...your former conduct..."
I need to put on a NEW man.
"...put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge..."
I need to renew my mind.
"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."

That is POWERFUL!!! I may prove God's will. I find it interesting that the word MAY is used instead of the word CAN. Being a home school mom, it was important to me to teach my children from an early age, the difference between those two words.

No comments: