Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I AM ... a crocheter

Is that even a word? LOL!! I have been sick the past few days so no 365 pics. And I am not doing Sundays. So on we go!

I AM ... a crocheter

It is PRETTY HARD to take a picture of yourself crocheting. ESPECIALLY WITHOUT a tripod! :D But I thought the picture came out OK.

I taught myself to crochet about a year and half ago and have LOVED it! I had read to teach children crocheting first because it is basically just glorified knots and knitting was more difficult. I am SO GLAD I listened.

I have tried both knitting and crocheting and definitely prefer crochet. I don't know how anyone can knit. Although my oldest, AA, knits and does a pretty good job! (Of course it is just the basic because that is all I know how to do at the moment.)

I feel that crocheting is the only time I am really creative. Of course I am just following a pattern... but I MADE something. Something from just a ball of yarn. Right now I am working on thermal preemie blankets for my half-sister. She is pregnant for the first time and pregnant with triplets none the less! :D I am SOOOO happy for her and her husband! They have been trying for a baby for a LOOOONG time. IF you think about them, please pray for her. Even my girls realize that being pregnant with THREE babies at once can be trying. :D

So I get some creative burst with crocheting. If you do not know how to knit or crochet, I can honestly say that learning to crochet has been one of the BEST things! I can do it in the car (or just about anywhere), and the feeling of accomplishment when I finish something makes me feel really good. :D Try it! There are TONS of FREE videos (you know how I LOVE free!) on you tube which show you how to crochet. Find one that you can understand and relate to and learn from. You will not regret it!! And if for some reason you just can _ not _ get _ it _ then you might try knitting. :D

No comments: