Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Best Homeschool Day EVER!

This past Saturday we had the BEST homeschool day ever! (Yes, not only do we homeschool through the year, but we also sometimes school on Saturdays as well. Some might think I am a bad Momma for doing so - but the smiles on my kids faces this day say otherwise.)

It started out with a local (well about an hour away) bird festival. On the way up, we stopped at Chick-Fil-A for kids meals. Right now they have the BEST toys! All great for bug hunting. Each of the girls had a bug catching container (with a magnifying glass on top) as well as (from a previous trip to Chick-Fil-A) a "swiss army knife" type thing which has pliers and a magnifying glass for bug catching.

funday01

I LOVE HATS! And I love my girls in hats! Here they all are in their hats! They look so precious! Well ... they ARE so precious!! Here they made their own bird. There were other activities as well, but this shot says it all. :D

Where we parked there was a LOVELY little creek running through and a wonderful picnic place. What a WONDERFUL place to do observations!

funday03
The girls setting up to do their observation drawings.

funday05
JJ and the spy glass he got from my kids meal (he is allergic to the chicken, but can eat the fries, so I get the kids meal - I eat the chicken and get the drink, he eats the fries and gets the toy).

funday06
JJ LOVED picking up rocks and throwing them in the water. Every time he did, he would JUMP and say "splash!" And the girls just LOVED seeing and being near the water. Most of their drawings were of the water.

funday13
I LOVE this shot of EE and MM just sitting and eating and talking! SOOOOooooo sweet!

All in all it was a MOST wonderful day. It was fun and full of laughter and learning and being together. If you want to see more pictures, they can be seen here.

1 comment:

Wilderness Mama said...

So fun! Wow, JJ is getting so big, and I love his hair. :) I'm glad you guys all had such a great day!