Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Snippets from my Bible Studies

This is mainly here so I can see them sometime in the future:

1 Tim 2:9-15
*Don't be so focused on outward apperance that you forget the attitude of your heart. When they look at me, what do I want them to see? Me, Wealth, Beauty?? No, I want them to see Jesus.
*We need men who will lead, women who will support them, and people who will serve and glorify God.

Matt 8
"Lord, if you are willing, You can make me clean."

Lord - acknowledge who He is
if you are willing - being in the will of God, placing trust in Him gives peace knowing you are in God's hands
You can make me clean - God is able to do it - FAITH

Healed immediately. Healed that same hour.

When in the stormy sea, God rebuked the disciples first for lack of faith. THEN He rebuked the winds and the sea.

After Jesus cast out demons into the swine, the people heard of it. Fearful of Him and what He might do, they BEGGED Him to leave. I am sometimes the same way. Even though God does only what is good and no evil, sometimes I am fearful of what He might do (to accomplish His good and perfect will).

No comments: