Wednesday, July 23, 2008

CIJ: Books!

I LOVE to read.

And I love to read books on simplifying life (and Christmas). It is kind of an oxymoron that I want to simplify Christmas and yet have over 45 books in my library just on how to celebrate Christmas (crafts, focusing on Christ, finances and Christmas, simplifying Christmas, and on and on). And yet because I do have SO MANY books, I get completely overwhelmed and don't read any of them! :) LOL!

So this year, I have pulled out a small handful of books to read through in the coming months. And I do mean a handful. I have a habit of biting off more than I can chew. And I see my children doing the same. AA, who became a bookworm out of nowhere, has now fallen into the bad habit of beginning to read one book, only to pick up another book and not really finish either. Unless it is either a SMALL book or very interesting. I am the same way. But hopefully by starting EARLY, she will see that I can finish a book before starting another. :)

1 comment:

Julie Clark said...

"I have a habit of biting off more than I can chew"

I think that's a problem that we face as mamas. How can we not bite off more? We have so much to do!

Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog (http://theclarkchrnicles.com) I have enjoyed reading yours this morning too!