Saturday, April 28, 2007

Saturday Sweethearts: Remember Me My Love

(To find out more about Saturday Sweethearts and Romancing Your Husband, follow this link.)

My husband left on a men's retreat on Friday. He left a letter for all of us (to be opened today, Saturday). I also noticed when I went up to bed last night, he had written all over the mirror on my side as well as by the tub. It was sweet to see that remembrance this morning when I woke up. And it will be nice to see when I get ready for bed this evening, and again tomorrow when I wake up.

I began thinking about fun things we could do to remind the other person who much they are loved, even when we have to be apart.

I know my husband goes on several business trips. Some things I have done:
  • written a letter - one for each day he was away
  • written several letters (each letter talked about a certain aspects of his character/role I love - each envelope said "I Love You because..." and on the letter it would continue "you are such a good _______" (fill in the blank with husband, hard worker, provider, leader, etc.). The letter would then talk about what I loved about that characteristic.
  • written two letters. One to be opened when he was really missing me, and one to read when he was needing me.
  • written a letter and then cut it up into a puzzle. Each envelop was labeled for a day he was away and had a piece of the puzzle in it.
  • IM him throughout the day, whenever I am thinking about him (I try to keep it under three times a day, he is working). I also make sure to KISS (keep it short and sweet) and keep it a one liner (again, he is working and should his boss walk by I would not want him to wonder why he was having this long conversation with his wife when he was supposed to be working).
When I have had to leave and he stayed home, some things I have done:
  • Written a letter and put it on his pillow. I sprayed it with my perfume (I highly suggest NOT spraying your letters you sneak into his suitcase with perfume because then his clothes will smell like perfume and his co-workers will tease him - TRUST me, I KNOW this! :D).
  • Laid out a romantic outfit for me to wear the night I return, with a note that says something about how I cannot wait to model this for home. I usually do this on SHORT trips, as making him wait and think about it for a whole week is torture. ;)
  • Make sure I have meals in the fridge or in the freezer for him to serve. I am not the BEST about this, but I do try.
  • Most free e-card companies (my favorite is Dayspring) allow you to set the date when you want the card you make to be sent. A few days before I leave, I create one card (sometimes SEVERAL if I am able to pick the time of day they are delivered) to be sent each day I am away. I try to make these silly and fun and encouraging (as it is difficult taking care of the kids when Momma is away). I usually try not to send these when he is away, only when I am away, as I do not want to distract him at his place of work (which is usually the only time he is both away AND with access to a computer).
Well, I would LOVE to hear any other ideas you have!!! Would you guys be interested in doing a Mr. Linky for this? Would anyone actually do it? Let me know. :)

-----
Remember, THESE ARE IDEAS FOR YOU (not your husband). YOU are to romance your husband! I was inspired to do these Saturday Sweethearts based on a book called Romancing Your Husband by Debra White Smith. PLEASE get a hold of this book and read it. It is a really good book and will really change your life. :)

No comments: