Thursday, April 26, 2007

Prayer Needed for my Beloved and Me

My beloved is at a crossroads in his life. He needs wisdom and direction from the Lord. His Mr. Visionary is really wanting to come out, but has been so trampled in the past by his family, and the workplace (and unfortunately, in the past I have played a part in the squishing) that he doesn’t have confidence.

I really TRULY believe that he can do whatever he wants (he has been talking about a few things). It would be hard financially as well as physically and emotionally. Yet, if the Lord is truly leading him in a certain direction (which we are not sure of yet and are asking prayer for), then it could be one of the most fulfilling and rewarding things he has ever done. And yet the Lord might have him do nothing because that would glorify Him more. We just are not sure.

PLEASE pray for him. That the Lord would give him direction, peace, and confidence to “prepare for rain” if you know what I mean (if you have not yet seen the movie Facing The Giants, I highly suggest you do).

And then I need prayer myself. To be supportive and understanding. To know when and what to speak and to know when to be supportive through silence.

Thank you for your continuing prayers on this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean and I will write your names down on my prayer list right now!!

God bless,
Sallie

Rebecca said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean too. In fact, I am going through this right now. Matt is working SO hard at farming for someone else-and frankly, he hates it. And I hate it too. He is gone ALL the time.

But-as you know, he has switched jobs TWICE in the last year so changing again is probably not a good idea. Especially since he doesn't know where he should be or what he should be doing. He has always been passionate about farming and now-this is a new crossroads because he doesn't know what else to do. I have told him he should consider a consulting business for farmers. But he is scared to do that-it is a big step.

ANYWAY. I am struggling with supporting him and having patience, even when I might have to pack up and move AGAIN.

So-long story short, I know exactly what you feel and will be praying for you. If you feel led, perhaps you could remember me in your prayers as well. ;-)