Saturday, April 21, 2007

Saturday Sweethearts: I Remember When...

Sorry about the unannounced day away yesterday. My beloved surprised me by taking the day off. You see, 14 years ago, on April 20th, we had our first date. Now of course, it is difficult to explain to our children about how we dated, but they will be doing something different (we are teaching them about courtship). But that is another blog entry. This is about my beloved and me.

We usually celebrate every April 20th and celebrate our friendship and the "fun" side of our relationship (while our anniversary is more for the romantic and commitment part of our marriage).

IF I remember correctly, men really need a friend in their wives. Something in the Five Needs A Man Has. (Anyone know WHAT I am talking about?) I know that my husband has mentioned time and time again, whenever I ask him, that the friendship part of our marriage is so important to him. And while I constantly try to do something friendship wise and fun in our relationship it was nice to take that time to just remember our early dating years.

So I encourage you to remember what made you say the first "yes" to your beloved? What made you go out with him, or continue to develop a closer friendship with him? Maybe you could write him a letter that talks about that time. Or better yet, write a STORY of how you two met!!! Oh how wonderfully romantic. What made the girl (you) fall for him (your beloved)? It would be a wonderful keepsake for your children!

And try to make a plan of something FUN to do with your beloved that will show him that the friendship side of your marriage is still there. My husband TRULY is my BEST friend.

-----
Remember, THESE ARE IDEAS FOR YOU (not your husband). YOU are to romance your husband! I was inspired to do these Saturday Sweethearts based on a book called Romancing Your Husband by Debra White Smith. PLEASE get a hold of this book and read it. It is a really good book and will really change your life. :)


(and for those of you looking for a SCF update, I finished the hat, it looks awful so NO PICTURES! It was really easy to do, but I just don't know HOW to do it :( Gotta find a different project and then try my hand at the hat again in a few months)

No comments: