Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Mom Said Wow

I feel horrible.

My daughter came and showed me something that daddy had just taught her. She did it all by herself. She was so excited. I was excited for her and said "Wow! That's great honey." but I guess my mind was focused elsewhere.

She ran back to Daddy exclaiming with perfect happiness "Mommy said ... Mommy said WOW!"

It's the pause that gives me pause. (sorry, I had to do it) But seriously, why did she pause? I had to think about it. Why, out of all the things I could have said to her, did I say something so simple and unfeeling as "wow"?? A word that was not even around to be defined in Webster's 1828 Dictionary!

I need to increase my vocabulary! :D And guess which cute little youngsters will be doing it right along with me?! :D This will be fun! :) I plan on printing out a short list (maybe 20) of words that show a lot more care and concern than just "wow" for the excitement and joy that my daughters bring me when they share their life with me.

No comments: