Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Family Worship and the Catechism

After listening to Voddie Bauchman, we have been teaching our children the children's catechism.

I must admit that when I heard families that I highly respected and admired using the Westminister Shorter Catechism with their children, I felt it was not for us. I wanted my children to have a personal relationship with the Lord and not just be pounded with these questions and answers.

But I HIGHLY encourage you to listen to this FREE ONLINE sermon of Voddie Bauchman. It really has changed my thinking. And even if you do not want to do the catachism, this is STILL something that every family should listen to.

I also found this great resource list online:
Teaching God's Word. It is for men to teach their families BUT it can just as easily be used for women. :) There is a set of flash cards for the Shorter Catechism there.

I also found an online game like memory for the Shorter Catechism. Click on the "activities" tab.

No comments: