Thursday, September 4, 2008

Missing Out

The other day I was on the phone with a dear friend whom I rarely get the pleasure of talking with. I heard giggles in the other room and promptly ended the call saying

I have to go. I hear giggles in the other room and I am missing out!

How many times do I get busy and miss out on enjoying my children? It is no wonder so many parents don't see children as a blessing. They are probably missing out on the joy children bring because they are busy with other things.

Maybe most parents would try to quiet the kids down, or leave the room so they could carry on the conversation.

What would matter most when I am on my death bed? That I put my kids aside so I could finish an edifying conversation with a friend, OR that I enjoyed time with my kids? I am creating a legacy with them every time we laugh together! And what a GREAT legacy!!!

I think there is something special to the phrase LAUGH OFTEN!

This layout below is an older one, but one I felt went perfectly with this post. It is from 2006! It is amazing to look back and see how TINY they were, and how even my then 3 year old, now 5 year old looks so much older!

image is clickable

Side Note:
You have to have to HAVE TO take just 2 minutes and go read Best Prayer!

No comments: