Thursday, August 7, 2008

I must be doing SOMETHING right...

That was the original title of this post. 

While all three girls are playing with playdough at the table, I overheard EE (6yr) say, "I have something to say. I am sorry for losing my temper with you AA, do you forgive me?"

My heart was touched and blessed. And so I came up to write just a short blurb to remember this moment.

But as I typed out the title, I was so convicted about the heart of PRIDE I had towards this moment. As if **I** was the one doing something right, when in fact, it is my daughter who had done something right.

I am nothing and can do nothing except through Christ who strengthens me. It is Him who has touched my daughter and His work in her heart that has caused this wonderful moment.

1 comment:

Deb Burton said...

Although the Holy Spirit convicts and equips us to lead our children in the truth of God's Word, it is that same Spirit that works in them through our sanctification. "Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord Almighty." Thanks for the reminder.