Monday, January 5, 2009

Current Web Readings

The Most Delicious Way To Eat An Oreo
While we don't eat Oreos very often anymore (those things are SOOOOOOO BAD for you), this is how I have eaten mine since an accidental discovery when I was 12 years old. But I had always done it by hand (very VERY messy, but so worth it!) ! LOVE the knife idea! Also, the keys she mentions are MUSTS: it MUST be an Oreo - I have tried all the other versions and it just DOESN'T work the same; you must wait until there are no more bubbles. Bubbles?? What am I talking about?? Click, only if you dare!! (Warning: if you have made any resolutions about eating healthy or losing weight in the new year avoid the temptation to click. Once you eat Oreos this way, there is no going back!!!!!) :D
HT: Ship Full O' Pirates

Some GREAT ideas for traveling with lots of littles:
Part 1
Part 2

Soup Parties
What a GREAT idea!! Reminds me of stone soup! :)

With my children's reaction to dairy, I have been researching how to make my own ghee. Ghee is a lactose and casein free version of butter. It is super healthy for you AND has a higher smoking point than regular butter. The only BAD thing to doing it at home, is that you have to be VERY VERY VERY careful to remove ALL the milk solids in order to ensure that it is TRULY lactose and casein free. Clarified butter should be almost clear with a yellow tint - see throughish - until it solidifies. Here are some links:
Video on How To Make Ghee
How To Make Ghee great pictures and a tip about salt on this page
Illustrated Step-by-step on making clarified butter BEAUTIFUL end result
Pictures of Good Ghee

No comments: