Friday, May 30, 2008

In Need Of Prayer Please

As many of you know, our son JJ has a plethora of health issues. I finally decided it was time for us to see a different pediatric GI doctor. And I am SO THANKFUL that I did. I knew God was blessing it when we got in only two weeks after calling (as usually new patients take 2-3 months to get in to be seen).

As soon as I finished explaining the whole case history to the PA, she went and talked to the doctor. HE IS WONDERFUL! He is so nice and GREAT with kids! He made us all feel at ease. And he began talking about how we need to figure out exactly what is wrong with JJ and some tests need to be done in order for that to happen.

Enter the prayer requests.

The first one is that the tests require JJ to take some meds that is is not used to and to also go without food or water for a period of time (which I know will be difficult for him, especially since he really likes to drink). He will be put under in order for a biopsy of his esophagus to be done. This is extremely terrifying to me, but the more I read about WHY it needs to be done, the more I am certain it needs to be done (and should have been done as soon as we were forced to stay in the hospital back in October 2007!). (Your prayers for me to get over my anger that JJ has been out of the hospital and in the care of a different ped GI doctor and this was never suggested by her are appreciated.) He will be going through all of this Friday, June 6.

The second prayer request is that we are able to get in to see another doctor this past Thursday. The new ped GI doctor said that he really wants us to get in with another doctor is who one of the best in the nation (only an hour drive away from here) in dealing with the type of food reactions JJ is having. I was told to call and ask for an appointment. I did as soon as I was done with the new ped GI. There is nothing available till August.

JJ is now losing weight again at the rate of about an ounce a week. If this keeps up, at his next appointment, he will have fallen below the 24 pound mark (last weight check he was 24.0 lbs). He is only 24 months old. I begged the lady to possibly get JJ in early, as his life might be at stake. The ped GI doctor said that this other doctor could tell us EXACTLY what JJ was and was not allergc to so that we would be able to get high calorie foods into him without compromising his system.

Aftre begging her, she agreed to write a note for the doctor and I would receive a call either Thursday or Friday. Well that night I received a call and explained the whole case history again. And again, emphasised the urgency in the matter, and could they please help me and my son by seeing him earlier. I was told tht it was allergy season and that they were extremely busy. People have made appointments and would be flying in from out of state and some needed retesting and so on and so on. That I should be happy that I am seeing the new ped GI who is doing this test (June 6th). That she would leave a note for the doctor and I should not get my hopes up.

Today I received another call, from a totally different person and yet again had to tell JJ's story (should I just give them the link to his blog?? LOL! I explained how I was really scared (I try not to use this blog to talk about all this stuff, which is why I created a seperate blog for this, but I need the prayer) that I might lose my son. He was losing weight again and is having severe reactions to the food. Foods he was not allergic to last month, he is now allergic to. Food he was not allergic to last week, he is now allergic to. I am quickly running out of foods to feed my son and need help. She said that the doctor was out of town until Thursday of next week and that she would leave him a note about JJ and see what they could do.

So I really need prayer that we can get in with this new doctor who specilizes in this kind of stuff. With him and the new ped GI working together, I know that I can at least be doing something. I finally feel like I have people on MY side and believe me and will fight FOR me and not against me in the care of my son. And for that I am so truly thankful. At last.

No comments: