Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Encouraged and Refreshed!

I am totally engrossed in Psalm 125 today.

1 Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be moved, but abides forever.

Webster's 1828 dictionary defines trust as confidence - a reliance or resting of the mind on the integrity, veracity, justice, friendship or other sound principle of another person (in this case, the Lord).

I have never heard it described as resting of the mind on something. But it makes sense. Trusting in the Lord leads to peace. I have experienced this time and time again.

But I find it interesting that it says that those who trust in the Lord cannot be moved. I know that in the past (and I am sure there will be times in the future), I feel like I am tossed to and fro between doubt and trusting Him. I need to fully trust in Him. Completely.

2 As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds His people from this time forth and forever.


The KJV uses the word roundabout instead of surround. defined as encompasses. Surround is defined as being on all sides of, to surround a city.

Those walls that were built back then to surround a city were VERY strong and very difficult to get over. To know that God is surrounding His people, surrounding ME, like that ... and it is forever, brings such a joy to my heart it is unspeakable!

3 For the scepter of the wickedness shall not rest on the land allotted to the righteous, lest the righteous reach out their hands to iniquity.


Scepter is defined as rule, power, authority.

4 Do good, O Lord, to those who are good, and to those who are upright in their hearts.

God is a God of goodness!!!

5 As for such as turn aside to their crooked ways, the Lord shall lead them away with the workers of iniquity. Peace shall be upon Israel!

More encouragement to stay the path that the Lord leads me in as I trust Him.

SUCH ENCOURAGEMENT! Refreshing water from the word of God. I pray every day, and sadly sometimes forget to read the word. But oh, when I do get back into reading the word, there is such encouragement and refreshment there waiting!! Why do I wait and go so long in between readings? Just five verses today and I am a filled. :)

No comments: