Thursday, March 19, 2009

WONDERFUL resource to help with homeschooling

I rarely purchase a product. Give me a freebie ANYDAY! In fact, I am in charge of the freebie table for our local homeschool group. I am always finding freebies (you can tell I because of all the links on this blog) that are great for homeschooling (now if I could only find freebies for things I really need). :D

I recently found a product that I wanted to purchase. I did and I am really enjoying it. And so are the girls!

Joyful Steward Student Planners Combo Set

The girls LOVE this! There is ONE sheet you print out for the week (there are 36 weeks worth of pages). Be sure to click on the PREVIEW to see what it looks like. There is a Bible verse, character trait to work on, book to read, calendar for the week, check list for school studies, and a check list for chores. Right now they are all doing the Primary one. But next year, AA and EE will do the Intermediate Girls one. It is basically the same, but includes a spot for them to work on a life skill (like baking, crochet, knitting, etc.). LOVE THAT!!!

They LOVE having a calendar for the week. They are always asking me when are we doing this or that. Now of course the vacations or visits to family (which are months away) cannot be on there, BUT for the most part they will know what happens when. :)

Each of the girls have a notebook with the coversheet. It has their name and the year (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.). Then it has the sheet for the week. Behind this is all their work (including lapbooks) that they have done during the week:

(1) The Bible verse on the sheet is our copywork. For other copywork I have things dealing with the character trait we are working on for the week (this week is cheerfulness (click here for FREE lapbook ideas for cheerfulness and other character traits), as well as songs, poems or other sayings.

(2) I am creating a vocabulary page where they will define the character trait, write a sentence using the word, and draw it (or take a picture with the camera). I will post it for free once I have it created if anyone is interested.

(3) They write a book review and can draw a picture for the book.

(4) Lapbooks they might have done.

(5) Bible lessons/catechism.

(6) Worksheets or anything else written or done during the week.

This is SUCH an encouragement to them! A GREAT way for them to show Daddy what they have been working on, and a GREAT way to keep it all in one place. I am so happy!!

No comments: