Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What's The Difference?

I had to stop school right now to post this. Normally I say how many more for subtraction, but this time I said what is the difference.

AA: how many more days until we go to the VIP dinner?

Mommy: well today is the 18th and the dinner is on the 26th. What is the difference between 18 and 26? (Mommy is looking for the answer 8.)

AA: 18 is less than 26

One of the GREAT things about homeschooling is that children learn to think OUTSIDE the box! I loved her answer! Totally NOT what I was expecting or even thinking.

Mommy: Ok... I mean how many more do I need?

AA: oh EIGHT!

Mommy: GREAT! Now what is the different between 6 and 8?

AA: 6 has two threes and 8 has two fours! (she giggles)

Mommy: Now you are being a smartie! AA, what is the difference between 6 and 8? (giggles herself)

AA: two (still giggling)

No comments: