Friday, February 27, 2009

Me

I am NOT very photogenic. In fact, I hate pictures of myself. But I read a story that was floating around on the internet, and while true or not, it does make one think.

The daughter, grown, married and had just had her second baby, was going through her mother's pictures trying to gather pictures for a slideshow. You see, her mother had died just a few days before. As she was going through the pictures, she realized that there were very few pictures of her mother. Her mother had always tried to avoid the camera, or was always the one behind the camera. Even in the videos they watched, the noticed how few times she actually was in front of the camera.

I don't want my children to be missing pictures of me. Of course my favorite pictures of me are the ones of me with my kids. THe ones where we are giggling and wrestling or playing. But my beloved, being a photographer wanna be (who really is a COULD be if he wanted to and had the drive to) took a picture of me that I really liked. So I place it here. A picture of me (greying hair and all), for my kids to know and realize that Momma is trying. For them....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful photo, Paula. Your kids will treasure it, I'm sure. Thanks for the reminder that when we're gone, our kids will just want to see reminders of us, warts and all (in my case, not yours *grin*). Nice to put a face with your name, btw. :)

Carrie said...

That is a GREAT pic of you!

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

You look beautiful. I too have tons of pictures of my daughter and my husband, but very few of myself with my daughter. We're trying to change that.

Karen said...

Hi Paula, I'm glad you liked the blogwear. You can link to my Gotta Pixel store if you like:
http://www.gottapixel.net/store/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=75

I've only got a couple of blogwear sets at the moment.

Thanks

Karen Lewis