Thursday, February 26, 2009

No Longer Longing For Dairy

Now I am not sure how many of you know just how bad the milk you buy in the store is for your body. It doesn't provide your body with calcium, in fact it leeches calcium from your body. Raw milk does not do that and is healthy for you. Want to know more, google it. :)

But because of allergies in our family, we cannot do dairy. Every once in a while, I will get some sort of dairy ice cream something and let the girls have a bite or two. But more than that, and physical problems show up in each of the girls. Now don't get me wrong. They still get frozen treats! I will sometimes buy them Rice Cream (ice cream made from rice milk rather than cow milk), lots of fruit slushies, we even make banana ice cream (when we get bananas on sale).

But now, NOW I find a healthy alternative to milk. One that I plan on trying out today. It is called a coconut milk tonic. Now for those of you who know, I am a HUGE fan of coconut oil. There are SO many health benefits to using coconut oil as well as taking it kinda like a supplement. (Google it or read any book by Bruce Fife, Sally Fallon or the Weston A. Price Foundation.) :D

I can't wait to try things like hot cocoa, chocolate pudding, even some ICE CREAM! :D

No comments: